Thursday, September 15, 2005

Feeling abandoned

Now I know most people moan about their parents, myself included (sorry Mum), but when they aren't there it's really hard. Since moving to Canada I've gotten used to talking to my Mum on the phone at least every other day if not more. For the last week or so though there has been the resounding echo of silence in my living room each morning as the phone stubbornly refuses to ring. Before you all start getting too sympathetic or worried nothing bad has happened, my parents have gone on holiday, which I find incredibly selfish and inconsiderate of them. I truly feel that they should wait in at home all day in the vain hope that I will call and they can speak to me for a few wonderful minutes to brighten up their otherwise miserable and empty lives. It comes as somewhat of a blow to my ego to realise that no my parents don't exist simply to be at my beck and call they actually have wants, needs and desires of their own. Needless to say I have been feeling the effects of their absence this week and to make matters worse my beloved sister is also missing in action, every time I call her all I get is the repeated ringing of the line at the other end which I've been letting go on for a ridiculously long time just in case she happens to walk through the door as I'm calling and runs to pick up the phone. So all in all I've been completely abandoned by my family and have been filling the void with ice cream that wonderful substance that never lets you down, is always there for you and always makes you feel like the most beautiful person in the world. If by any chance any of my family reads this or is in any way interested in my life then give me a call!

No comments: