Sunday, September 04, 2005

It's a sick day

As all women know when a man gets ill then it is the end of the world as we know it. They don't just get a cold, they get the flu and a sneeze means they are dying.

Case in point, my husband. He has a sore throat and feels a little stuffy, to most people this would probably mean they were getting a slight head cold, but oh no Craig is clearly dying and there is nothing I can do to make him better except to be at his beck and call and to do every little thing he asks of me. He's refusing to let me go and get him some medicine or anything because that would mean he'd have to stop milking his illness for everything it's worth. Anyway I can see that the rest of my day will be completely taken up with stroking his hair and making cups of tea. Oh well I guess that's love.

2 comments:

Amanda Brown said...

Tell him to be a man and quit whining! :) Just kidding, I know all too well that the world stops when the husband is ill. It should be written into our marriage vows, I think.

Christy and Dustin said...

Dustin is the same way and he gets mad when I'm not sympathetic. Men! Sorry we couldn't make it out the other night. Ben was a grouchy bear and went to bed at 6:30. I love checking your blog though.