Friday, February 10, 2006

I Need A Kodak Moment

I'm beginning to realise just how few photographs I have of my life up to this point and how much you can forget if there is no record of it to spark your memory. After talking to my Mum this morning, who always fills me in on the lives of my brothers and sisters (including inlaws) and their broods of children, I realised how much I miss being able to look at them. The only pictures I have of my brother are from my wedding 31/2 years ago and the only reason I have more of my sister is that we went on holiday together. The kids have probably grown 3ft each this year and I have no idea how they've changed. So I'm campaigning for more photos in my life, if anyone in England still reads the drivel I write then what I want for my birthday is a photo album with photos of all the family and any of me before the age of 21 when I had to have photos taken at my wedding. Honestly if aliens landed and looked through my things they'd probably think I was born an adult as there is absolutely no record of me before then. My Mum and Dad have the obligatory embarassing baby pictures up to me being an awkward, gawky teenager when it was just too embarassing for them to admit to having spawned me so they stopped taking my picture. I have up all the pictures I have of my sister's kids and whenever I go to my fridge of look at the TV there they are smiling back at me and it makes me happy, my brother however is lagging behind. So from now on I'm demanding monthly photo updates of the kids (and the parents if you want to) so that I can prove that I have a family when aliens land.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's true. We all forget things so easily. Pictures are our little treasures to remember the past with.