Thursday, April 06, 2006

I Miss My Mum



I miss my mum today. I was sitting at work earlier and had the urge to call her just to say hi, that was kind of impractical however as it was midnight for my mum and she probably wouldn't have been pleased that I woke her up just to say hello. Most of the time I'm fine, I don't really get homesick and life settles into a routine. Every now and again I just get this wave of homesickness, usually they are the times when I feel like going to my mum's house and letting her look after me, or when I want to go to my sister's house and just talk. This afternoon I wanted someone to look after me, just for an hour, and to let someone else have all my burdens and responsibilities. I never really thought of how much I rely on my parents and my family sometimes and what a responsibility for them that must be. I'm not sure how I'll manage being a parent having to cope with all your own problems and hose of your kids as well. But today I'm not a parent I'm a daughter and she just misses her mum.

4 comments:

Kaili said...

Your Mom looks so sweet!
I hate feeling homesick, not that I get that wat here, cause it's my home, but I understand that feeling.

Elizabeth said...

I hope that your Mom knows how special she is to you, and that you know how special you are to her. I always find that I feel good when I tell my Mom... or any special friends, how I feel about them

Sarah said...

ah i know how u feel. most days i don't miss my mom but some days it's just overwhelming. mother's are so comforting.

Angella said...

:(

Maybe we shoul dget her to move HERE!

What a fantastic idea :)