Wednesday, September 20, 2006

House Update


Our building permits are submitted so we're just weeks away from breaking ground. It seems like it's taken forever but I'm sure that once work starts it'll be to lock up before we know it. This picture is the design we're roughly basing our house on it's L shaped so that we can maximise the space we have available on the lot. Sadly Luke can no longer build our house as he's too busy so Craig is going to take a few months off work and build it himself with the help of Dustin. I'm not sure how well that is going to work as when those two get together it's usually mayhem and they instantly become 4 year old boys. I have no doubt that some days I'll come home from work to find them in the trailer playing on the Xbox or watching a movie but hopefully they'll manage to get most of the building done by Christmas. It'll be strange not having Craig go to work and me being the sole breadwinner I wonder if I can take advantag of that and get my way more often? Probably not. Anyway I'm sure the next few months are going to be extremely stressful and busy but I'm looking forward to the housewarming party!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That looks fabulous, Adele. I hope that it goes quickly!!!

Kaili said...

Wow, that's awesome, I like the house.
I hope everything goes good for you guys. Walk on over if you need anything. :)

Anonymous said...

A breathtaking home! Can't wait til your dream house is a reality.

Jen said...

That's gorgeous!

Can Jordan and I live in your garage?

Anonymous said...

Nice house! Can't wait to see the real deal!

Christy and Dustin said...

We will definitely have to crack the whip in those two won't we? And yet, isn't that why we love them so much?
SUCH a nice house! A party house for sure!