Friday, November 18, 2005

Feeling terrible

I feel like the worst person in the world. I went to Christy's house for lunch today with Amanda and we kinda ran over a little so it was 12.50 when I got back to work instead of 12.30 and wouldn't you know that my boss would be sat there waiting for me with a face like a thundercloud. I was so mortified, I felt like a naughty child about to be told off by my parent. After the predicted scolding she was really nice about it but I feel so guilty, I'm like that's it I can never leave the office at lunch time again just in case. I hate feeling guilty it just makes you feel so down and the feeling just won't seem to go away. This is divine retribution for eating those sinfully delicious Nanaimo bars at lunch.

3 comments:

Amanda Brown said...

Murphy's Law, Adele! I am sorry that the ONE time you're tardy you get caught. Blame it on me, though!!! You are a great worker there, and an extra 20 minutes on a lunch break is not the end of the world. :)

Angella said...

I HATE that feeling!
I guess a 1/2 hour lunch rules out ever coming to Faulder. We'll just have to meet in town again :)

Christy and Dustin said...

i feel bad cuz you were at MY house and I gave you the Nanaimo bar. Amanda's right though. You're a very good worker and you never stay late except for ONE time.