Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My First Trick or Treaters

Ok so in England trick or treating isn't the cute activity it is in Canada. Those people who go around knocking on people's doors are usually teenagers with no costume who have nothing better to do. Nor do they come expecting candy, no they want cash and woe betide anyone who tries to give them anything other than cold hard cash. So you can imagine my delight when last night there was a knock on the door. There I was in my pyjamas (it was only 6pm but never mind). I had a bowl of sweets at the ready, Simpsons ones for the kids, fat free jellies for the Mums. Guess who my one and only trick or treaters were? Ben and Megan plus Christy and Dustin obviously as Ben can't quite reach the pedals to drive the van yet. They looked so cute, although technically Megan wasn't in costume but that was OK.

It seems such a strange custom to wear strange clothes go to someones house and demand candy or else you'll do something bad to them (sounds like terrorism to me).

Anyway thank you Ben for being my first real trick or treater in full costume and everything.

No comments: