Monday, April 10, 2006

I've Poisoned Them!

I have never professed to be a good cook, I can get by but I never invite people around to sample my less than tempting fare. As it turns out this is a good thing. Yesterday I made a batch of cookies that really didn't turn out well at all, they were really thin and way too buttery for my liking. Jen, Christy and Amanda seemed to like them and ate a few while we were watching Grey's. I find out this morning that Amanda had diahorrea and now Jen feels nauseous, if Christy gets ill too it'll be confirmed that I am the worst cook in the world ever. I apologise and promise never to inflict my cooking on unsuspecting people again. I'm a long way away from domestic goddess status, oh well must try harder.

10 comments:

Jen said...

No, Adele! The cookies were absolutely delicious. The problem, if it even stemed from the cookies, was OVERINDULGENCE! ;) Keep on baking. They were sooo good. Too good, perhaps.

Adele said...

I console myself with the fact that Craig ate some and he's just fine, but then again he's used to my cooking so he's immune

Amanda Brown said...

The buttery, pancake cookies were delicious! Jen summed it up well...we just ate too many of them! :)

Angella said...

I'm sure they were great!
:)

Elizabeth said...

Ha! You make me smile, Adele. I'm sure they were terrific!

karen said...

I'll volunteer to be a cookie tester too!

Anonymous said...

Practice makes perfect sis. However I don't mind taste testing if you want to parcel some up. Luv you loads

Jen said...

It officially wasn't your cookies! Jordan is feeling ill today too and he wasn't anywhere near them. ;)

Adele said...

Yeah! I feel way better now Jen. Thanks!

Christy and Dustin said...

Don't worry. I feel fine. And any little bits of nausea that visit my day are casued by a wee baby and not your cookies. Although, Amanda did have a few more. Maybe a little too much butter for her tummy.