Friday, November 04, 2005

Living For The Weekend

About a year ago Craig and I made a secision to stop living for the weekend. We'd gotten into a routine of getting up at 6am going to work, I'd get home at 6pm cook dinner, tidy up, watch TV for about an hour and then go to bed to start it all over again the next day. Each morning and evening we'd say I can't wait until Friday, we spent 5 days out of seven wishing for the other two. It felt like we were wishing our lives away so we made a concious decision to change that mind set and enjoy the weeks instead of trying to get through them as quickly as possible. We were doing pretty well at it until the last week or so when again we're living for the weekend. I'm sat here and I am thrilled that it's Friday and I can stay in bed tomorrow until 8am (the bliss!) So once again I need to force myself to appreciate the weeks and enjoy all of life, not just the parts that happen on Saturday and Sunday.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I find that we do that too. My husband works 12-8 so I have a lot of nights alone. I'm going to copy your idea and start making the most out of each and every day. Thanks. :)