Monday, February 13, 2006

The Lights Went Out

We just had a power cut at work, it only lasted a few seconds but unfortunately the repercussions will take slightly longer to sort out. We have a particularly stubbon printer which you cannot turn off on pain of death, unfortunately the utility company doesn't respect this rule when they cut the power, so now I have the joy of trying to reboot this stupid printer using an ancient disk that doesn't work 50% of the time, whilst calmly explaining to clients that no they can't print out right now as the printer has had a nervous breakdown.

Somebody remind me why I work again please!

6 comments:

Amanda Brown said...

They went out here too and I had to go downstairs into this dingy dungeon and reboot the main server. It's creepy down there!!

Jen said...

I hate when the power goes out. We have a zillion clocks that now need resetting!

Stephanie and Brad said...

You work so you're not broke like me!! Power outages are annoying but kind of exciting..sometimes. I hope you got your printer working.

Angella said...

When I worked in an office, it sucked when the power went out because we could get NOTHING done without the computers :)
PS - The snow is just as bad in town...please move to Faulder!

Christy and Dustin said...

So can put beautiful furniture in your new permanent residence in Summerland. :)

Susie said...

i hope tomorrow is better day for you. i hate the clock thing too. usually we sleep in after a power outage... unknowing of course.