Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My Birthday So Far

Well my birthday got off to a pretty crappy start when I had to get up at 5.30am with Craig because he's working down in Osoyoos, to his credit he told me to stay in bed but I like to make sure he has a proper lunch made. So after forcing myself to walk to work there was a message from Nisha saying she was sick today and somebody was coming to fill in from Penticton. This sucked because I really like working with Nisha plus the girl they sent from Penticton pretty much drives me insane, and this is the day when we work until 4.30 aaaaahhhhhhhhh.

The day got better though when I had my first visitor in the form of Angella, who came bearing gifts and her usual sunny disposition which cheered me up nicely (it was Angella and not the gift that cheered me up by the way) THen I had a truly amazing rendition of Happy Birthday sung to me by the craziest Church Secretary I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. THen Shelley and Joshua arrived to take me to Zias for lunch (yes I did have the Chicken Pita because I'm so predictable) And that pretty much takes us up to date, oh yeah and my Canadian Dad Ray phoned to wish me a Happy Birthday which was nice. So this afternoon I'm content, very full and looking forward to opening my gifts when I get home.

Hope you guys are having as good a day as I am

5 comments:

Amanda Brown said...

Glad you liked my rendition of happy birthday. I'm happy that you're having a good birthday so far, and I'm looking forward to commemorating it properly this Friday. :)

Angella said...

Amen...and again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Adele! Hope your day is wonderful and that you get every little gift your heart desires.

Stephanie and Brad said...

Happy Birthday Adele. I hope to be able to come and crash the party for a bit this friday when I come home!

karen said...

Happy Birthday, Adele -- sorry it's belated.
Hope you had a wonderful day (even after a rough start -- sometime I'll tell you about my last birthday. It sucked.)

:)